As you may have noticed, we’re no longer on the old site. Our old blog was temporary until we got our full website up and running, and we’ve been fully operational for a little while now!
The new website for us here at NeMAC is packed full of cool features. And to help you navigate your way through the site and make the most of what we have to offer, we thought we’d spend today going over a few of our favorite features of the new site.
It’s no secret that we care about educating the future generation of manufacturers here at NeMAC. To start, our student landing page gives you lots of information about career paths in manufacturing, and about education options–both good things to know if you’re starting from the beginning!
You’ll notice a number of sub-pages, too:
- Cool Stuff Being Made: Looking to learn about how stuff is made? This page features a handful of great videos that show how things are manufactured in this day and age. We find ourselves spending quite a bit of time looking at videos like these.
- Nebraska career student organizations: Career student organizations are aimed towards improving education and career opportunities for students. This page takes you straight to the Nebraska Department of Education’s list of CSO’s.
- Jobs/internships in manufacturing: Looking for a job or internship in manufacturing? Check out this page for a few ways to go about doing that.
- Contact a manufacturer or educator: Sometimes, the best way to get information is straight from the source. This page gives you a form to fill out which will connect you with a manufacturer or educator–a great resource if you think you’re ready to move forward with manufacturing!
Whether you’re looking to speak with an educator about manufacturing, or just sit back and watch cool videos about manufacturing, we have something for you at our new site.
The landing page for parents is similar to the landing page for students–albeit a little more in-depth. For parents wondering what types of opportunities are available in manufacturing, the resources in the introduction give a great run-down of what’s available.
Like the student section, the parent section of our site has a few sub-pages, too:
- The manufacturing image: The manufacturing of today is very different than the manufacturing of years past. This sub-page gives an explanation why (and how) that became the case. And if you’d like to learn more about the new manufacturing, feel free to check out any one of the many blog posts we’ve written about the subject.
- Contact a manufacturer or educator: Your children will have the opportunity to use this form, too, but if you’d like to hear information on manufacturing straight from the source, this is the place to go.
Other cool features:
The resources for parents and students aren’t the only things available on this site. We also have a list of our partners in education and our partners in the state, both of which are handy if you’d like to learn more about who we are and what we do.
Although we’re happy to give an introduction to our new site, the best thing that you could do is poke around and take a look for yourself! We’re very proud of what we’ve put together, and would love to hear your feedback. So if you have any questions, comments, or concerns about the new site, let us know in the comments or on Twitter!